WELCOME to TRUTH ... not TASERS

You may have arrived here via a direct link to a specific post. To see the most recent posts, click HERE.

Friday, April 30, 2010

50% of people tasered in Arlington, Virginia die


A few moments ago, I attempted to follow the google news link you see above. And in case the above is difficult to read, it translates exactly as follows (except for the colour red which I added myself for emphasis):

Man dies after police use stun gun to subdue him
WTOP - ‎2 hours ago‎
It is the second death this year in which Arlington police used a Taser. The force as a whole has only used Tasers four times since January. ...

Unfortunately, when I clicked on the link (and you can go ahead and try it yourself), the page was full of errors and the contents of the news article had vanished.

I wonder if the Arlington County police got wind of it (thank goodness I can show it here for all the world to see). I can see how they might have been a little uncomfortable with something the article said about how "the force as a whole has "only used Tasers four times since January".

Today's death following police use of a taser on a 32-year-old man named Adil Jouamai, who was in apparent psychiatric distress, is the SECOND taser-related death in Arlington, Virginia this year (aka since January). Now, arithmetic is not my strong suit, but it would seem to me that if the taser has been used FOUR times in Arlington, Virginia since January and TWO men have died after they were tasered in Arlington, Virginia since January, then in Arlington, Virginia, people who are tasered die 50% of the time.

Those are some pretty grim odds, if you ask me.

No comments: